It’s Ash Wednesday. If you’re one to give up vices for Lent, now’s the time, and we have an LGBT-welcoming place. If not, here’s a list of gay indulgences that don’t involve crosses on your forehead.
• Art and love go on and on. “Popstars and Cokeheads” @ Kai Lin Art, all day. “Diana: A Celebration” Princess of Wales exhibit @ Atlanta Civic Center, all day. “Abstracts of Love” (top photo, “Lovers Moon”) @ Jack Art Gallery, all day.
• Where do you work? Northlake: Business Builder Luncheon with Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ Doubletree Hotel, 11:30 a.m. Buckhead: Networking Luncheon with Atlanta Executive Network @ Bricktops, 11:55 a.m.
• Team Gay. Bowling with Decatur Women’s Sports League @ Suburban Lanes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday Run with Front Runners Atlanta, 6:30 p.m. Hotlanta Volleyball Advanced League games @ Agnes Scott College, 7:30 p.m.
• We need to talk. Atlanta Meth Task Force round table @ AID Atlanta, 6:30 p.m., plus Teen Forum and Young Adult Forum @ YouthPride, 6:30 p.m.
• Name it, and they will come. Ash Wednesday with Gentle Spirit Christian Church @ First Christian of Decatur, 7 p.m. WOW Wednesday with AGLCC @ Hotel Palomar, 6 p.m.
• What are you playing at? Texas Hold ‘Em Poker @ Bellissima, 7 p.m. Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Joe’s, 8 p.m. Trivia @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• Niche marketing. Honey Pot @ Mary’s, 8 p.m. Punk Rock Night @ the Eagle, 9 p.m. Dress Code Party @ Heretic, 10 p.m.
• Put on a show. Fantasy Girls @ Jungle, 9 p.m. Charlie Brown and Heather Daniels “Beauty & The Beast” @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m. Spotlight Karaoke @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m. Karaoke Idol w/ Shavonna B. Brooks @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda.
View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.