Do you hear what I hear? Sure, it’s the weekday call of what must be done, but in the distance is a more pleasing sound: the voices of today’s LGBT events that sing, inform, support, inspire and tantalize.
• Talk it through. Grief Support @ St. Mark UMC, 6:30 p.m., Boy Talk and Womyn’s Lounge @ YouthPride, 6:30 p.m., plus LGBT talk radio show “Alternative Perspectives” with Betty Couvertier (top photo) on WRFG, 7 p.m.
• Play on. Board Games @ Woofs, 7 p.m., My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs, 7 p.m., Trivia @ Blake’s, 7 p.m., Family Poker @ 3 Legged Cowboy, 7:30 p.m., and Wii Bowling tournament @ the Heretic, 9:30 p.m.
• Up close and personal. Be there for singer-songwriter Doria Roberts (bottom photo) birthday show and live recording @ Eddie’s Attic, 8 p.m.
• Steamy novel. Veteran local journalist Elliott Mackle sexes up Olympics-era gay Atlanta with his new novel, “Hot Off The Presses” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Wall of sound. Light up the video screens during Showtune Tuesday @ Oscars, 8 p.m., and Retro Video Night @ Mixx, 9 p.m.
• Where do you want to do this? Truth or Dare Karaoke @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m., Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Balls Deep Karaoke @ the Eagle, 9:30 p.m., and Karaoke w/ Richard @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m.
• Show ‘em a good time. Wild Card Talent Night, 11 p.m., and The Sophisticated Ladies of Atlanta Cabaret Show @ Shout!, 10:30 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.