Election Day and World AIDS Day make it a big day in LGBT Atlanta. Vote, commemorate, gun for victory with Simone Bell and Alex Wan, and much more make a full plate of events.
• Get out and vote. Then the campaign to elect the country’s first African-American lesbian state Senator invites you to troll the polls with Election Day Visibility for Simone Bell.
• World AIDS Day events include “Active and Undeveloped: Prevention Strategies for Youth” World AIDS Day Conference @ Fulton County HHS, 10:20 a.m. “Quilt on the Quad,” the worlds largest collegiate AIDS Memorial Quilt display (top photo) @ Emory, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
World AIDS Day commemoration with Gay Outreach program @ AID Atlanta, 1 p.m. Poetry, Song & Activism @ Horizons School, 7 p.m. World AIDS Day Worship Service @ St. Mark United Methodist Church, 7 p.m. Read our preview.
• That’s your business. Luncheon with Atlanta Executive Network @ Hudson Grille, 11:55, a.m.
• Gimme some o’ that old time religion. Tuesday Worship Services @ Vision Church of Atlanta, 7 p.m.
• What’s the talk in LGBT Atlanta? Find out on “Alternative Perspectives” radio show on WRFG, 7 p.m.
• Two gay candidates could score historic wins today. Be there. Election Night Party with Simone Bell (bottom photo, left) @ Georgia Equality, 7 p.m. Elections Watch Party with Alex Wan (right) @ Cowtippers, 8:30 p.m.
• “A Tuna Christmas” continues @ Theatre in the Square, 8 p.m.
• So many nightlife options, so little time. Here’s a taste: Truth or Dare Tuesdays @ Le Buzz, 5 p.m. Bingo @ Woofs, 7 p.m. Trivia & Talent Night @ Blake’s, 7 p.m. Two for One Tuesdays @ Nonna Mia, 7 p.m. Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Drag All Stars @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m.