Tuesday gets that much more queer with the Southern Comfort Conference, Social Tuesdays, the last tribute to E. Lynn Harris (photo), PinkEye Queer Film Salon, and bar theme nights.
• The infernal question “Liquor or Poker?” is answered. Do both at Poker Night @ Friends On Ponce. 7 p.m.
• It’s big. It’s beautiful. The annual Southern Comfort Transgender Conference starts its first day with an informal envelope stuffing party @ Crown Rivinia Hotel. 7 p.m.
• The roaming cocktail hour Social Tuesdays gets together this week @ RA Sushi. 7 p.m.
• The last book by a late, great author. The book tour for “Mama Dearest” by E. Lynn Harris (photo) launches with honors in Atlanta @ Outwrite. 7:30 p.m.
• The indie queer film salon PinkEye is back with A Night of Trouble, featuring the erotica of “Speakeasy,” the latest from filmmaker Courtney Trouble @ Bellissima. 8 p.m.
• Several gay hotspots have something special in store. View just bar and club events.