With the weekend in sight, the community ramps up the activities roster. Your cruise directors make sure there’s enough variety on this to-do list to satisfy every hankering and pull you through the workweek.
• Meet your lawmaker. AEN & Stonewall Bar present Ga. State Rep. Simone Bell (top photo) @ Alston & Bird, 6:30 p.m.
• Put a spell on you. Greg Herren signs his latest gay New Orleans mystery, “Vieux Carre Voodoo” (second photo) @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. and Cliterati Open No-Mic features Rachel Wiley @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Stage and screen. “Someone Bought the House on the Island: An Operatic Dream” @ First E, 7:30 p.m., “Dreamgirls” (third photo) this week @ Screen on the Green in Piedmont Park, 7:30 p.m. (Read police plans for Screen event.), plus the plays “True Love Lies” @ Horizon Theatre, 8 p.m., and a free preview “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” @ Spring 4th Center, 8 p.m.
• Theme parties. Indulge hosts Swinging Richards Dancers @ the W Midtown, 9 p.m., Papis’ Café Con Leche Latin Tribal House @ Heretic, 10 p.m., and Net Work internet games with Traxx Atlanta @ Obsessions, 10 p.m.
• Three of a kind beats a pair. Singers Caroline Aiken (bottom photo) Dede Vogt and Caroline Herring perform @ Eddie’s Attic, 8 p.m.
• Check your calendar. Click through the whole list of weekly Thursday bar nights.