Spring and the weekend both kick into high gear with Thursday night parties to suit every taste. Just for starters, enjoy dinner, performances, game nights, DJs, and high-end art viewing for low-end budgets.
• Half price, full experience. Art in the City: Thursday Nights @ the High, 5 p.m. Also the First Thursdays Buckhead Artwalk includes artists like Bill Landstrom (top photo) @ Alan Avery Art Company, 7 p.m.
• Easter weekend officially begins. Maundy Thursday Service with Gentle Spirit Christian Church @ First Christian, 7 p.m.
• Get pumped for the May gala. Final Atlanta HRC Pre-Dinner Reception @ the W Downtown, 7 p.m.
• Double bill. Barry Brandon (middle photo) and his “In My Own Words” show @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m. with the official afterparty including bonus performances at his weekly Etcetera with DJ William Roman @ Aurum, 9 p.m.
• The full Thursday gay bar calendar may be more than you can handle, including but certainly not limited to Melloween: Classic Rock Edition @ Mary’s, 9 p.m. DJ David Knapp @ Jungle, 10 p.m. The Shawnna Factor @ Blake’s, 10 p.m. Papi’s Café Con Leche Latin Tribal House @ Heretic, 10 p.m.