You’re going to make it through to the long weekend. Did you have any doubts? Psyche up for it at one of today’s LGBT-ATL events: MondoHomo, “Mr. Universe,” Women of Rock and more.
• Queer’s delight. MondoHomo Festival 2011 (top photo) opens with the MondoArts Show @ Sous Whiskey Marin Gallery, 6 p.m., HomoSpoken: Word! @ Sous Whiskey Marin Gallery, 9 p.m., and MondoDisco with DJ Vicki Powell @ Mary’s, 11 p.m. Read our preview of all four days.
• Gather ye together. Coffee Talk with AID Atlanta Gay Men’s Outreach @ Aurora, 4 p.m., and Bear Cocktail Hour @ Mixx, 6:30 p.m.
• For those about to rock. Women Of Rock In-The-Round features Jill Knight, Donna Hopkins and Diane Durrett (bottom photo) @ Eddie’s Attic, 8 p.m.
• Play time. Jim Grimsley’s “Mr. Universe” opens @ 7 Stages (Read our preview), 8 p.m., “Avenue Q” @ Horizon Theatre, 8 p.m., and “The Judas Kiss” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• Weekly specials. Indulge features a Gaga Release Party @ Whiskey Park/W Midtown, 9 p.m., ¡Azuca! Latin Night with DJ Karlitos @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and the rest of tonight’s entire bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sporting events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.