Happy Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate however you choose, from a swirly batch of traditional margaritas, to any number of other choices in a festive batch of LGBT events on today’s calendar.
• Independence Day. Papi’s Cinco de Mayo Double Fiesta (top photo) begins @ Las Margaritas, 5 p.m., and continues with Papi’s Café Con Leche @ the Heretic, 10 p.m. Read our preview.
• Give ‘em something to talk about. PFLAG: Straight For Equality with Out & Equal @ W Downtown, 6 p.m., and Daddy Complex May/December Discussion with Gay Men’s Outreach @ AID Atlanta, 7 p.m.
• Weekly twists. Indulge honors DJ Brian Beck (middle photo), who died in March, with multiple spin masters paying tribute @ Whiskey Park/W Midtown, 9 p.m., and Etcetera! Art & Music Party this week showcases the art of Dax and DJ Rene Dellefont @ Gilbert’s, 10 p.m.
• Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Midtown Comedy Show entertains the troops @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., and East Side Pride Evening at the Theater sees “Bonnie & Clyde: The Musical @ ART Station, 8 p.m.
• Multiply your night by The Shawnna Factor (bottom photo) @ Blake’s, 10:30 p.m., Princess Charles’ Fashionistas @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m., and all your options on tonight’s complete bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sporting events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.