To many an employer’s chagrin, LGBT party people know the weekend starts on Thursday. You’ll feel it tomorrow, but don’t let it stop you from these arts, community and nightlife events.
• Let’s give ‘em something to talk about. Coming Out Support Group with MEGA Family Project, 7 p.m. Love Hurts? partner violence discussion @ AID Atlanta, 7 p.m. T-Time @ YouthPride, 5:30 p.m.
• Sneak preview. Next month’s Columbus, Ohio, “Women of the World Poetry Slam” competitors, including Atlanta’s Theresa Davis (top photo) and Chauncy Beaty, perform for Cliterati Open No-Mic @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Business cards? Check. Shit together? Life coach Chris Burrell with Atlanta Executive Network @ Mixx Atlanta, 6:30 p.m.
• Sportsmanlike behavior. Volleyball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 7 p.m. Swimming with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m.
• In concert. The hipsters will be out in force for the genre-bending Nouvelle Vague (bottom photo) @ The Loft, 8 p.m. and The Lives of the Monster Dogs perform @ Bellissima, 8:30 p.m.
• Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m. Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Come to the cabaret. The first of just four nights of “So Many Composers, So Little Time” tribute with Libby Whittemore and friends @ Actor’s Express, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Our full list of Thursday bar life heats up a cold winter’s night with even more fun, including Big Primpin: Club MTV edition @ Mary’s, 10 p.m., Blur @ Halo, 10 p.m., and Papi’s Café Con Leche @ Heretic, 10 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.