Nothing says “Gay Atlanta” like an art opening, new bar nights, sports in speedos, a display of hot male models, and a trio of plays—two about Christmas in drag and one about lesbian lawyers—all in one day.
• There’s a lot of GLB around, even for youth. Now it’s T Time @ YouthPride. Today, 5:30 p.m.
• Local gay celebrity Richie Arpino has turned his photography foray into a hot commodity. Now he and his models launch the coffee-table book “Men In Black & White” (middle photo) and the exhibit based on it @ Outwrite, 7 p.m.
• Paper trail. You’re invited to share your opinions about an effort to bring a new gay newspaper to town in the aftermath of the Southern Voice closure. The “Save SoVo” Community Meeting @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Nothin’ could be gayer than a night at the theater. Well, except maybe these particular productions: Varla Jean Merman (bottom photo) in “Scrooge in the Rouge” @ 14th Street Playhouse, 8 p.m. Read our preview. Also: “A Tuna Christmas” @ Theatre in the Square, 8 p.m. “Fair Use” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
New this week:
• Your big break may be one contest performance away. Open Mic Thursday @ Bellissima, 7:30 p.m.
• Thursdays at Halo are back, at least for December. Make it a success, and it could be the thing to do in 2010 too. Boyz Night Out @ Halo Lounge, 10 p.m.