Thursday is so gay, it’ll keep your mind off the months rolling by. Kick off October in style with Atlanta Celebrates Photography, “Pagan Heaven,” Comicpalooza and “First Wives Club.”
• Michael Childers’ “The Lost Portfolio of Andy Warhol” (photo) is part of the opening of the largest show in Atlanta Celebrates Photography @ Alan Avery Art Company. 6 p.m.
• Paradox revisited. Robin Kemp with “This Pagan Heaven” @ Outwrite. 7:30 p.m.
• Collogen, bitterness, revenge. What’s not to love about “First Wives Club” @ Screen on Gotham Park? 7:30 p.m.
• Comicpalooza puts 10 comedians into one show. Thursday benefits Atlanta Pride @ Laughing Skull Lounge. 8 p.m.
• Start your weekend bar trolling early. Texas Hold’em Poker & the A-List @ Blake’s. 7 p.m. & 10 p.m., Melloween @ Mary’s. 9 p.m., DJ Brett Long @ the Eagle. 10 p.m., and Princess Charles’ Fashionistas @ Burkharts. 11:30 p.m.