It’s rare when we can predict where 4,500 Atlanta gays will be at one time. The Toy Party–plus pre- and post-parties–makes this one of those times. Plus other ways to feed your mind, body and soul.
• Soul searching. There’s still time to get to a gay or gay-friendly church if you’re interested. Follow the link, and click on the ones that interest you for service times and website links. Today only, singer Dan Gardner (top photo) performs and talks about his charity foundation @ First MCC, 11 a.m.
• You’re hungry, but there’s no way you’re cooking. Just get dressed, and head to Papi’s New Brunch @ Las Margaritas, Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch @ Joia, or eat good breakfast grub among the art of the “Under the Influence” exhibit and the hipsters @ Radial Cafe.
• We know exactly where 4,500 gayfers are headed: The annual Toy Party & Silent Auction (middle photo) @ AmericasMart2, 5:30 p.m. See our preview and a photo album from last year’s blowout. But it wouldn’t be the biggest gay fandango of the year without a Pre-Toy Party Cocktail Hour @ Einstein’s, 1 p.m., an unofficial After Toy Party @ Beleza, 8:30 p.m. and an Official After Toy Party @ Whisky Park in the W Midtown, 9 p.m.
• One-of-a-kind gifts. The Vintage Trunk Show @ Mint Gallery starts at noon. And don’t forget the Telephone Factory Lofts Art Show & Sale, where neighbors and their artist friends open their spaces for your shopping, noshing and drinking pleasure.
• Falcons-Eagles on the big screen, plus that and more games on TVs throughout the bar. It’s Game Day @ Woofs. Doors open at noon.
• Gay jocks are more susceptible when drinking. National Flag Football League of Atlanta Gets Social and promotes its “JockBoy” calendar (bottom photo) @ Blake’s, 4 p.m.
• The friends you want; the support you need. “Frankly Open” AA/NA Support Group @ St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, 4 p.m.
• Check out the whole list of bar options—open and pouring, even on Sunday.