Weekend closeout. Parting with the weekend can be such sweet sorrow. That’s why LGBT Atlanta makes today extra pleasurable. Click to see what’s in store for your Sunday fun day.
• Pets are debutantes too. The annual PALS Pet Cotillion (top photo) benefits Pets Are Loving Support and names the group’s 2011 Spokespet @ Piedmont Bark, 3 p.m. Get psyched with photos from last year’s big to-do.
• Take me out to the ballgame. Hotlanta Softball League Game Day @ Southside Park, through 5 p.m., and their Extra Inning Beer Bust @ Frogs, 5 p.m.
• Afternoon delights. Author D. Marcell (middle photo) signs “Saved, Sanctified and Same-Gender Loving” @ The Evolution Center, 3 p.m., gloATL dances “Chapter III: This is a World” @ Goodson Yard, 3 p.m., and DJ Lydia Prim spins the new patio dance party called Sabbath @ Opera, 3:30 p.m.
• Showtime. The Armorettes @ Burkhart’s, 7 p.m., MondoHomo Speakeasy Sunday @ Friends, 9 p.m., Sunday Spectacular @ Burkhart’s, 9 p.m., and Traxx Showtime Sunday @ Scores, 10 p.m.
• Atlanta Film Festival. Today’s LGBT-themed films @ Midtown Art Cinema include the ABBA-lovin’ “What’s the Name of the Dame?” (bottom photo) world premiere, 7:30 p.m., and “Without,” 9 p.m. Preview all the fest’s “Pink Peach” LGBT features screening through May 7.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly community meetings, sporting events and bar nights, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.