It’s Super Sunday with plenty of events surrounding Super Bowl XLIV. If the phrases “Saints-Colts” or “big game” mean nothing to you, there are also other LGBT places to be and people to see.
• Ya gotta eat, and it doesn’ ever have to be at Checkers. Papi’s Winter Brunch @ Las Margaritas, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch @ Joia, noon – 3 p.m.
• Family jewels. “Diana: A Celebration” Princess of Wales exhibit (top photo) @ Atlanta Civic Center, all day.
• Matinees. “Good Boys & True” @ Actor’s Express, 5 p.m. “The History of The Devil” @ Relapse Theater, 5 p.m.
• Arts + nature = Granola Heaven? Then get out to the Pine Lake Art Salon & PlayHouse, 3 p.m.
• What’s that smell on a certain strip of Ponce? Super Chili Cook-off @ Model T, 3 p.m. Super Sunday Chili Cook-off @ Friends, 4 p.m. Both include the game, of course.
• Even the gay rugby team is thinking football—and as usual, beer. Pre-Super Bowl Beer Bust w/Atlanta Bucks @ Frogs, 3 p.m.
• Manning-Brees, Colts-Saints (bottom photo). Super Bowl Social w/NFFLA, 5:30 p.m. @ Blake’s (includes the Armorettes at 8 p.m.) Super Bowl Sunday XLIV @ Woofs, 7 p.m., and probably on the tube at your other favorite bars as well.
• Grab your partner. Boots & Ballroom couples dance lessons in Decatur, 6 p.m.
• Sure, they’ll have the game on, but you can wander to the other room and watch The Mary Edith Pitts Sunday Spectacular for a while, 9 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.