Happy National Coming Out Day! Commemorate it with Georgia Equality or toast it to benefit a good cause. A pajama party, a festival and a book signing are also among gay Atlanta’s Sunday events.
• Candler Park Fall Festival celebrates 100 years of this hip intown neighborhood with vendors and live music. All day.
• Put on your eatin’ dress. It’s Papi’s New Brunch @ Las Margaritas. 11 a.m.
• A special Sunday edition of the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s networking series presents ‘Networking to Pump Up Your Wallet’ @ Einstein’s. 2 p.m.
• Who could resist a pink beer? The Pink Cadets women’s softball team raises money to fight breast cancer with ‘Drink Pink’ @ Fuze Burger. 2 p.m. Or join the Atlanta Gay Sports Alliance Beer Bash to benefit AIDS Walk Atlanta @ Frogs Cantina. 3 p.m.
• ‘Bridging the Gap Within Black Families’ is this month’s topic with Second Sunday of Atlanta, a discussion group for black gay men @ Positive Impact. 3 p.m.
• Local poet Collin Kelley reads from and signs his latest book “Conquering Venus” @ Bound To Be Read. 3 p.m.
• Georgia Equality and the Faith & Community Alliance commemorate National Coming Out Day with a screening of “Anatomy of Hate: A Dialogue for Hope” and a discussion @ 14th Street Playhouse, 4 p.m. A reception follows at Einstein’s, 6:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Pillow fight! Ria’s Bluebird Pajama & BBQ Party celebrates the 9th anniversary of this lesbian-owned restaurant. 6 p.m.