That’s the one for the District 3 seat on the Atlanta Board of Education. Gay teacher Charlie Stadtlander (photo) hopes to unseat incumbent Cecily Harsch-Kinnane and become the only openly gay member of the school board. If elected, Stadtlander wants to focus on bullying in schools and fiscal accountability.
And Thursday night, you get a chance to hear Stadtlander and Harsch-Kinnane — along with scores of candidates in other school board races — in a League of Women Voters forum. It’s being billed as the only scheduled city-wide session for school board candidates.
The event runs 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Benjamin E. Mays High School, with an opportunity to mingle with candidates beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Stadtlander is one of a dozen LGBT candidates running this election cycle:
• Mayor of Atlanta: Kyle Keyser.
• Atlanta City Council District 6: Steve Brodie, Alex Wan, Miguel Gallegos.
• Atlanta City Council Post 1 At Large: Adam Brackman.
• Atlanta Board of Education District 3: Charlie Stadtlander.
• Decatur City Commission District 2: Kyle Williams.
• Doraville City Council: Brian Bates.
• East Point City Council: Eric Morrow.
• Georgia House District 58: Simone Bell.
• Pine Lake City Council: Melanie Hammet and Kathie deNobriga.
Bates, Hammet and deNobriga are incumbents.