Pride may not be until October, but LGBT Atlanta doesn’t wait to give you Stonewall Weekend. With official commemorations, art projects, picnics, movies and parties, this trailer will be rockin’. Come a-knockin’!
• Stonewall Pride. Atlanta Pride’s Sylvia Rivera Community Brunch @ Central Presbyterian, 11:30 a.m.(read our preview), immediately followed across the street by Pride’s Be Visible, Make A Statement Rally & Community Photo Shoot @ the state capitol, 2 p.m.
• Stonewall afternoon. Stonewall Picnic in the Park with Queer Justice League of Atlanta @ Piedmont Park, 3:30 p.m., Stonewall, Sisters, and Spirits @ Frogs Cantina, 4 p.m., and “Stonewall Uprising” @ Midtown Art Cinema, afternoon and evening shows (read our preview), and after the 7:10 p.m. show, Out on Film hosts Eagle Raid Talkback Session with members of the Atlanta Eagle.
• Even if you knew him as Angela, you’ll rock out with Bucky Motter (second photo) with Flat Cat @ Red Light Cafe, 7:30 p.m.
• Another deb, another dollar. Atlanta Cotillion Luau for Max Corwell “Caterina Modica Davenport” benefits AID Atlanta, 7 p.m.
• All the world’s a stage, and we are queerly players. Libby’s Cabaret @ Actor’s Express, 7:30 p.m., “Greater Tuna” @ Theatre in the Square, Marietta, 8 p.m., “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” @ Spring 4th Center, 8 p.m.
• Stonewall parties. Fag Bash! Blow-out (third photo) @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Stonewall TWIST Party @ Bellissima, 9 p.m., DJ Chris Griswold @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., DJ Jerome Farley @ Jungle, 10 p.m., Furrocious with DJ Sean Mac @ Mixx, 10 p.m.
• S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y. Night! Saturday’s full bar and club listings are always at the ready. Click through the whole batch.