Happy weekend! Our warmest thoughts coming your way through the cold, plus details on our coziest LGBT events for today: LGBT-MLK, plays, movies and tons of one-night-only bar events.
• It’s a celebration. Nine LGBT MLK Weekend Events, including parties with entertainer Kimbella (top photo) and a second appearance by author Skyy among a slew of other options ‘til dawn. Read our full MLK Weekend Preview for Sunday and Monday events.
• Arts & Entertainment. “Brother Outsider: Bayard Rustin” & “The Vision of Audre Lorde” screen @ Rush Center, 4 p.m., author Skyy with “Crossroads” @ Outwrite, 4 p.m., East Side Pride “Eat Your Art Out” in Stone Mountain, 6 p.m., and “Songs for a New World” Concert @ First MCC, 8 p.m.
• Dynamic duo. The new owners of East Atlanta’s lesbian nightclub kick the new vibe into high gear as sappho-riffic band God-des & She (middle photo) rock the roof off @ My Sister’s Room, 9 p.m.
• On stage. Two new gay-inclusive plays are up and running, and audiences are already raving. “Avenue Q” @ Horizon Theatre (Read our preview), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and “Next Fall” Grand Opening Night @ Actor’s Express (Read our preview), 8 p.m.
• S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! Armorettes 33rd Anniversary starts with first of two shows this weekend @ Burkhart’s, 8:30 p.m., General HOspital! with DJs Homosexual & Vicki Powell @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Free Grindr Party with DJ Rob Reum @ Jungle, 10 p.m., Halfway to Wonderworld with DJ Chad Jack (bottom photo) @ The Heretic, 10 p.m., and more nightlife plans on the whole bar calendar.