If you’ve ignored the yard lights, kitschy displays and muzak, Atlanta’s Saturday LGBT events make you face facts: it’s the holiday season. With these choices, don’t fight it; wallow in it!
• Feed your mind. “Under the Influence” exhibit @ Radial Cafe, all day: Preview. “Wonderland” w/SCAD professors @ Kai Lin Art, all day: Preview. “A Tale of Two Cities” @ Alan Avery Art Company, all day. ARTvision online art sale to benefit Positive Impact, all month.
• One-of-a-kind gifts. Vintage Trunk Show (top photo) @ Mint Gallery starts at noon. Sister Louisa and all her neighbors open their spaces for your shopping, noshing and drinking pleasure with the two-day Telephone Factory Lofts Art Show & Sale starts at 11 a.m.
• The MEGA Family Project Winter Wonderland 2009 is a holiday party with lunch, games and more for gay-led families with kids @ St. Mark UMC, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Athletes in speedos. Need we say more? The Atlanta Rainbow Trout St. Nick’s Swim Meet @ Ga. Tech. Starts at 11 a.m.
• Does anyone doubt our community is diverse? Holiday Party with Women’s Outdoor Network @ Bellissima, 7 p.m. Black & White Men Together Monthly Potluck, 7:30 p.m. Contra Dance with QuickSilver Country Dancers, 7:30 p.m.
• They need a warm-up, and you can’t wait any longer. Preview the Atlanta Gay Men’s Chorus “December Detours” concert @ KSU, 8 p.m.
• All the bars kick it up a notch on the weekend. View the full nightlife lineup, or enjoy this taste: Girl Kraze Saturdays @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m. Mary-oke @ Mary’s, 10 p.m. Same Sex Saturdays @ Club 714, 10 p.m.
• The wintry mix outside is a drag. So are these shows, but in a good way. The World Famous Tuckerettes @ Stage Door, 10:30 p.m. Jealouse’s Daring Divas @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. Saturday Night Fever @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.