You’ve waited all week for this. The weekend is You Time. Join the literati at the Queer Lit Fest and Charis birthday bash, eat and drink up at Parties With Impact featuring Alexis Vear, or tell the DJ you want to dance with your baby.
• Morning glory. Check Saturday’s plethora of sports and outdoors events.
• A full day of writers and their work. Atlanta Queer Literary Festival continues with readings, workshops, a Poetry Slam and afterparties. Read our preview. Charis’ 35th Birthday continues with a book sale and author signings all day @ Charis Books & More. Read that preview. Both all day.
• Positive Impact benefits from tonight’s hot ticket. A series of gatherings that climaxes with the ultimate dessert reception, including music by Alexis Vear (top photo) and the art of ARTvision ‘09. Parties With Impact @ the Granite Room, 8 p.m. Read the preview.
• This should be interesting. Play a part in My Magazine Project art show @ Youngblood Gallery, 7 p.m.
• Bars, bars, bars. More bars in more places. Check out the Saturday plans of your favorites.