All the world’s a stage, and we are queerly players. That goes double today, with LGBT events spiced up with stages overrun by musicians, performance artists, thespians and drag acts.
• Traditional vs. tradition. “A Christmas Carol” @ Alliance Theatre, 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., and David Sedaris’ “Santaland Diaries” @ Horizon Theatre, 8:30 p.m. Read our preview of “Santaland.”
• Gay grooves. The bluesy rock of Michelle Malone @ Eddie’s Attic, 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Dave Koz “Smooth Jazz Christmas” (top photo) @ Cobb Centre, 8 p.m.
• Girls just wanna have fun. Twist Saturday with DJ Duck @ Bellissima, 9 p.m., Secret Party with TraxxGirls @ Endenu, 9:30 p.m., and Ugly Sweater Party and winter sweater drive w/DJ Liz Owen @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.
• High performance. Cirque du Soleil “Ovo” @ Atlantic Station, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., plus the “Hinterland” Light & Sound Spectacular (bottom photo) with gloATL starring Big Boi @ Woodruff Park, 7 p.m. followed by the Hinterland Afterparty w/DJ Heather B, Big Boi @ Ventanas, 9:30 p.m.
• Queen steam. Jealouse’s Daring Divas @ Blake’s, 11 p.m., Saturday Night Fever @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m., and The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
• Saturday night specials. Backstreet Reunion w/Rob Reum & Charlie Brown’s Cabaret @ Jungle, 7 p.m., DJs Vicki Powell & Brett Long @ the Heretic, 10 p.m., plus the rest of Saturday’s whole bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.