It’s the biggest Black Pride event Atlanta has ever seen through Monday. The reverence and revelry of the last couple of days only heats up. Here are links to the top events for you to consider.
According to organizers, events are subject to change. Click the websites at the end of each individual entry for last-minute switches.
• Host hotel. Official events at Loews today include the Health Expo, through 4 p.m., Workshops, through 5 p.m., Community Luncheon, 12-1:30 p.m?, the “See Us In the Life” Film Festival, 2:30-6:30 p.m.?and the?Literary Café, 2:30-5 p.m., all at Loews Buckhead.
• What it’s all about. The State of Black Gay America Summit @ Marriott Buckhead, 11 a.m., then AID Atlanta HIV testing beginning at 1 p.m., same location.
• Hoop dreams. The MBanks/RRivers Pride Basketball Tournament with TraxxGirls, 1 p.m.
• Word. Authors Aaron Powell (second photo) with “Behind Concrete Doors: Blatino Down Low,” 5 p.m., Nikki Rashan with “Cyber Case,” 7 p.m., and Timothy Michael Carson with “When the Truth Lies,” 9 p.m. All @ Outwrite.
• Hot afternoon, cool vibe. Amber Rose hosts WetHim party with Traxx @ ER Lounge, 2 p.m., WetHer party with TraxxGirls will also see Amber Rose @ Primal, 3 p.m., and Infamous Hot Body Contest & Family Feud with Girls In The Night @ Compound, 2 p.m.
• Live performances. Goapele (third photo) live concert and afterparty @ CW Lofts, 9 p.m., special superstar performer—Lil Kim? Maybe—during LIV Saturday with Wassup N ATL @ Vita-Buckhead, 9 p.m.
• Movie madness. Check your look for the “Genderblind” red carpet screening @ Plaza Theater, 7 p.m., or the “Open Scars” movie premiere @ Loews Hotel, 8 p.m.
• Speaking of heat, Nicki Minaj (bottom photo), a $1,000 Body Contest and so much more set fire to Legendary Saturday: Black Pride Edition @ Traxx Atlanta, 10 p.m., but ladies won’t miss her when Nicki Minaj, Part II takes place sometime during TraxxGirls’ Big Bang @ Ga. Freight Depot, 10 p.m. Read what Minaj said in yesterday’s world headlines about gay-positive images in Hip Hop.
• Ladies love chocolate, and they’ll stay up all night to get it. HerSheBar with Girls In The Night @ Velvet Room, 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
Like you need more options. Check Atlanta’s entire Gay Agenda for even more Saturday LGBT happenings.