No doubt that by now, you’ve been tagged with the “25 Random Things About Me” floating about Facebook.
Some folks take it seriously, spending considerable time on compiling their response, while others blow through it in a few minutes and confirm that you really don’t want to know to them. And others still just ignore it as a frivolous cost of being on Facebook.
The folks at Queerty added another twist, giving their 25 random tips on how to make Facebook work for your gay lifestyle.
Among their offerings:
1. There are two schools of thought with Facebook. The first is that it’s just for your friends and close associates. The other is that it’s an online Pokegay and that you should collect as many as possible. Both are valid, but only one will help you get laid.
7. Think twice about announcing how bad your day is by Facebook status update. We have one friend who constantly mentions all the awful things that happen in her life and we used to think she was really cool, but now we just feel bad for her. And by we, I mean all her friends, who comment on her updates behind her back. We’re terrible people, we know.
13. If you think a guy is cute, you can’t just add him as a friend and expect a response. Try, you know, actually communicating with him. Facebook may be popular with the middle-school set, but that doesn’t mean you should act like you’re 13.
15. Here’s how you introduce yourself to a cute guy on Facebook: “Dear (Name), Saw that you (insert random thing that you connect to on their list of activities, music or hobbies). Me too! P.S.- You’re cute.
20. So, you’ve started a Prop. 8 Facebook group. You’ve gone to the trouble of assigning officers and posting a snazzy photo and now have 2,000 supporters. Now, do something with all of them.