Same old Friday… Awesome! But actually, it’s anything but ordinary. Let the week go and revel in special events alongside weekly favorites in a juicy list of all the LGBT activities Atlanta has to offer.
• Annette Bening and Julianne Moore play lesbians, and yes Karen Handel, “The Kids Are All Right” (preview) (second photo) opens at Regal Tara today in a limited run.
• Don’t be scared. Embrace all the creative interpretations of “Monsters” art opening, the latest collection of genius @ Kai Lin Art, 7 p.m., plus an afterparty @ Halo, 10 p.m.
• Mama’s boy. “Mad Men’s” Bryan Batt (third photo) reads and signs “She Ain’t Heavy; She’s My Mother @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m.
• Men in dresses? Still funny. Local boys make good “Designing Women Live” (read our preview) @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m., and the two-man show that just seems to get better with age, “Greater Tuna” @ Theatre in the Square, Marietta, 8 p.m.
• Taking the stage. Hal Sparks @ Laughing Skull Lounge, 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., plus Barry Brandon’s “In My Own Words” (bottom photo) during Drive-By Theater Project week-long stage fest @ 7 Stages, 8 p.m.
• Friday’s full gay bar calendar is at your service. The ones with a little something extra this week include Melissa Etheridge Tickets Party @ Bellissima, 9 p.m., Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2010 fills you up @ the Eagle, 10 p.m., and DJ Vicki Powell and the Who? Performing Artist Showcase @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m.