You made it. All the way to Friday and none worse for the wear. Now for your reward: a calendar of LGBT happenings from happy hours to sports, plays, and special guests including Joan Rivers.
• Mix and mingle. Fourth Friday Networking with Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce @ Vivid Salon, 5:30 p.m.
• Swings, strokes and spikes. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League (top photo), 6 p.m., and Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m.
• Darlin’ I love ya but give me that country side. Josh Kilmer-Purcell (middle photo, right) with “Bucolic Plague,” the memoir chronicling how he and his partner became TV’s “Fabulous Beekman Boys” @ Outwrite, 7:30 p.m. Read our preview.
• Resort to theatrics. “The Laramie Project” @ Georgia Perimeter College, 7 p.m. (preview), plus “Cabaret” the Musical @ Jungle, 8 p.m., “Fusion” with Atlanta Ballet @ Cobb Centre, 8 p.m., and “Kiss of the Vampire” by Johnny Drago @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m.
• Can we talk? She certainly can. Riff on celebrities and whatever else is on the mind of Joan Rivers (bottom photo) @ Symphony Hall, 8 p.m.
• Friday night lights. Singer-songwriter Renee Mixon @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., Mustache Rides & Meatball Madness @ Mary’s, 9 p.m., Dragnique, Season 2 Week 1 @ Jungle, 10 p.m., and the rest of Friday’s chock-full bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sports events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.