What’s that sound? Ahhh… It’s the collective sigh of relief that comes with Friday. LGBT Atlanta lets loose with movies, concerts, parties and shows that release that last bit of workweek stress.
• Sports and outdoors. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League @ Cofer Park, 6 p.m., and Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m.
• Pink Peach. Atlanta Film Festival screens the first of its LGBT films, “The Seminarian” (top photo) @ Midtown Arts Cinema, 7:15 p.m. Preview all the ATL Film Fest “Pink Peach” LGBT features.
• Creative types. Author Claudia Moss with “If You Love Me, Come” @ Charis, 7:30 p.m., the Atlanta Gay Men’s Chorus’ “Divas 2: Opera Revisited” concert @ Conant Center, 8 p.m., and gloATL dances ‘Chapter III: This is a World’ @ Goodson Yard, 8 p.m.
• Party people. Atlanta Film Fest’s “What’s the Name of the Dame” Preview Party with DJ Jerome Farley (bottom photo) @ Amsterdam, 8 p.m., The Fire Party, Fenuxe Magazine’s One Year Anniversary Celebration, heats up @ Bill Lowe Gallery, 8 p.m., and Spring in the South Welcome Party for Atlanta SM Solidarity’s BDSM Weekend @ the Eagle, 8 p.m.
• Creatures of the night. Down & Dirty Friday ft. Justin King @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m., Dragnique “Drag in a Bag” Challenge @ Jungle, 10 p.m., Sugarbaby’s Trailer Park Revue @ 3 Legged Cowboy, 10:30 p.m., and more on Friday’s whole bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sporting events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.