Friday’s here, and the time is right for dancing in the street. Or you know, one of the other LGBT events you could choose from a boatload of options to kickoff your weekend just the way you like.
• Outdoor adventures. Atlanta Dogwood Festival @ Piedmont Park, tonight and all weekend, East Side Pride Cosmic Carnival @ Trilogy, 6 p.m., and Poolside On Peachtree includes performance of “Bleu” by gloATL (top photo) @ W Hotel Buckhead, 7 p.m.
• Holy war. The award-winning “A Jihad For Love” (middle photo), documenting LGBT Musliims across the world, screens as part of the monthly LGBT film series @ First Existentialist, 7 p.m.
• Let’s get physical. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League @ Cofer Park, 6 p.m., and Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout @ Ga. Tech Aquatic Center, 7:30 p.m.
• Sex and sensibilities. Author Marla Stewart lays down “Sex is Powerful: Empowering Your Sexuality In and Out of the Bedroom” @ Charis, 7:30 p.m.
• Art for art’s sake. The spring exhibit “FLORA” opens @ Kai Lin Art, 7 p.m., plus Sacred heARTS brings performance, body sculpture, music and fine arts together to benefit Atlanta’s Flaming Sugarbaker Sisters (bottom photo) @ Jungle, 7 p.m., followed by the Dragnique “Works Of Art” Challenge with Sugarbakers as guest judges @ Jungle, 10 p.m.
• Raising the bars. WTF Friday Night @ Mixx, 10 p.m., Down & Dirty Friday @ My Sisters’ Room, 10 p.m., and so much more on Friday’s complete gay bar and party calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list, including all of your weekly bar nights, community meetings and sporting events, on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.