Even though it can never manage to come soon enough, Friday is now, baby! See what’s shakin’ on today’s calendar of LGBT parties and plays, shows and drag showdowns.
• Kick off the weekend. Piano Cocktail Hour with David Reed @ Mixx, 6:30 p.m., and Friday Flannel @ Woofs, 7:30 p.m.
• Singers and show people. Barry Brandon (top photo) performs with McNary & Jessi Lynn @ Highland Ballroom, 8 p.m.
• How to make love stay. Topher Payne’s “Tokens of Affection” enjoys its opening weekend @ Georgia Ensemble Theatre, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• By request. DJ Steve James @ Amsterdam, 9 p.m., VJ Mister Richard @ Mixx, 9:30 p.m., and DJ Lydia Prim @ the Heretic, 10 p.m.
• Kings and queens. Contestants are packing and tucking as the drag competitions heat up for Raw Talent 4, Round 4 @ My Sisters’ Room, 9 p.m., and Dragnique hosted by Eve Michaels (bottom photo) @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Preview Dragnique.
• Making the most of tonight? That’s on you. Even more gay bar and party options to choose from? It’s on us. Click through Friday’s complete nightlife calendar.
There are even more things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.