Thank gay it’s Friday, and thank gay Atlanta for tonight’s options you can dream about while you work. Sports, galas, theater, artists, authors and cocktails give you something to look forward to.
• If you can’t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. Uh, yeah. Softball with Decatur Women’s Sports League, 6 p.m. Hotlanta Volleyball Fall Recreational games @ Agnes Scott College, 7:30 p.m. Swimming & Water Polo with Atlanta Rainbow Trout, 7:30 p.m.
• The annual fundraising gala for The Living Room is A Down Home Affair @ The Biltmore Hotel, 6 p.m.
• Let author Lauren Braddock Havey take you on “A Journey to the Sun” @ Charis, 8 p.m.
• Get to know an icon of LGBT history in a whole new way. “The Harvey Milk Show” musical @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m.
• Atlanta’s weekly Monday night online radio show for a black LGBT audience is brand new, and they’re already offering a Friday night special edition: Same Gender Loving Expressions @ exceptionalradio.com, 10 p.m.
• And the bar nights just go on and on: DJ Michael Adams @ Mixx Atlanta, 9 p.m. Latin Seduction @ Stage Door, 9 p.m. Hotlanta Soccer boys bartend @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. Tryst @ Bellissima, 10:30 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. Or see just nightlife events, just community events, or only sports events. You can also submit your events.