Gay Atlanta turns Friday out. Whether your week demands cocktail treatments or theater therapy, stress-relieving sports or dancing, or you just need a good laugh or cry, these events heal what ails you.
• The week is over; it’s time to get happy (hour). Get together with the ladies after work with Fourth Tuesday Happy Hour @ Paris Decatur, and Friday Happy Hour @ Bellissima. Both at 6 p.m., both followed by Friday night parties.
• Theater therapy is good for the soul. Opening night of the mostly-biographic musical about the late San Francisco City Supervisor (top photo), “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, closing weekend of “Grey Gardens” @ Actor’s Express, and the one-night-only “Broadway Rocks” with Atlanta Gay Men’s Chorus & ASO @ Atlanta Symphony Hall. All at 8 p.m.
• Comic Lisa Lampanelli (middle photo) reads and signs her memoir “Chocolate, Please: My Adventures in Food, Fat and Freaks” @ Outwrite. 8 p.m.
• Revisit a transgender groundbreaker. Filmmakers raise money to complete the sequel “Southern Comforted: Lives Touched By the Documentary” with a screening of the work in progress and special guests @ Stage Door. 9 p.m.
• Dig out that powder blue tux or the taffeta, satin and tulle, then prepare for a photo booth with “Carrie” pigs blood. Scary Mary’s Haunted Homecoming Dance @ Mary’s. 9 p.m.
• It only comes around once. DJ Vicki Powell’s (bottom photo) 40th Birthday Flux @ Georgian Terrace. 9 p.m.
• All you want at the end of the week is a cocktail and some of your people. Friday is splitting at the seams with bar events to scratch that itch.