Thank the gay goddess it’s Friday. In LGBT Atlanta, that means escaping the week with options from Shabbat to showtunes, art to actors, martinis to Martina Diamante, and bars from ‘Fresh’ to ‘Fierce.’
• Shabbat services with Congregation Bet Haverim, 7:30 p.m. Vegetarian potluck, 6:30 p.m. Got kids? Tot Shabbat, 6 p.m.
• Another art opening today: “A Tale of Two Cities” brings together two artists with two urban perspectives @ Alan Avery Art Company (top photo, “Florida Native #2” by Bryce Hammond).
• Martina Diamante’s “Spotlight” this week is an all-live music special with guests Dustin Holder, Juan Cezar (bottom photo), Xanna Don’t and more @ Bellissima, 11 p.m.
• Escape into somebody else’s world. Varla Jean Merman in “Scrooge in the Rouge” @ 14th Street Playhouse, 8 p.m. Read our interviews. Also: “A Tuna Christmas” @ Theatre in the Square, 8 p.m. “Fair Use” @ Actor’s Express, 8 p.m.
• More choices? Oh alright, Picky. Check out Friday’s whole nightlife roster to make sure this really is your night.