Our to-do list doesn’t include eating gross food just because it’s Jan. 1. You’re mom’s not watching, so pick one of these events to ease into 2010 and your long weekend.
• Blackeyes and Buckeyes. New Year’s Game Day is the granddaddy of all bowl game days, including Ohio State vs. Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl (top photo). Enjoy all the games on multiple screens with meal specials from the kitchen @ Atlanta’s first and only gay sports bar, Woofs. Doors open 11 a.m.
• Because after last night, what you need is another drink. New Years Day Eye Openers @ Friends On Ponce start at 2 p.m. And just because you’re off work today doesn’t mean you wouldn’t enjoy Happy Hour @ Bellissima or Showtunes Cocktail Hour @ Mixx. Both at 6 p.m.
• Sashay, Shonte, Shabbat. Join the folks at the gay-welcoming Congregation Bet Haverim.
• Spin doctors. DJ Adam Saunders (bottom photo) @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. DJ Rick Walsh @ the Bodyshop’s final weekend, 2:30 a.m. Read about this and other New Year bar closings.
• You’ve got the sweetest hangover you don’t want to get over. Disco Hangover @ Mary’s, 10 p.m.
• No holidays. No themes. Get back to normal with Aqua Fridays @ Paris Decatur, 9 p.m., Fresh Fridays @ Jungle, 10 p.m., Friday Night Live @ Atlanta Live, 10 p.m. and Fierce Fridays @ LeBuzz, 11 p.m.
• Love your hair! Love your dress! Hope you win! Martina Diamante’s “Spotlight” @ Bellissima, 10 p.m. Kitty LeClaw’s Meow Mix @ Blake’s, 11 p.m. The Mary Edith Pitts Show @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.