• In case you missed it, the Olympics opened on Friday and there are at least 10 gay jocks competing.
• Matthew Mitcham is one of the openly gay jocks in Beijing and he debuts next week.
• Michael Phelps likes plaid (and gold).
• Former Atlantan and Olympian Bruce Hayes speaks out.
• Who has the best Olympic abs?
• Piedmont Park still digging for answers.
• The Atlanta Team Tennis Association loves peaches. More specifically, the Peach.
• What to do in August? Local gay sports groups offer some ideas.
• AirTran loves
Michael Vick and
• Sarah Thomas taps on the NFL’s glass ceiling.
• Under Armour may not like the gays.
The My Sister’s Room team threw a blowout party at Midtown event space District on Saturday to celebrate Atlanta Pride. READ MORE »
The Washington Blade marks 50 years of LGBTQ reporting this year with special anniversary coverage, panel discussions, a digital archiving project and a gala celebration on Friday in Washington, D.C. READ MORE »
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” star Tatianna was arrested on Sunday at Ten Atlanta after allegedly refusing to leave the popular Midtown gay bar. READ MORE »
The Pickens County School Board, citing death threats, harassment and vandalism, reversed course and said it will stop allowing transgender students to use restrooms that match their gender identity. READ MORE »
Surprising no one except maybe fair-weather sponsors, there's still fun, queer culture, LGBTQ issues and lessons to learn as Atlanta watches Pride disappear in the rearview for another year. READ MORE »