Your gay Hump Day is on the move. Events today let you run with gay candidates, stride with Pride, step into lesbian power, travel back to Havana, or just sit your tired ass down.
• Stumping for dollars. Two gay candidates for Atlanta City Council want your votes. Adam Brackman (top photo), 6:30 p.m. and Alex Wan (bottom photo), 7:30 p.m.
• Stride Into Pride gives you a Wednesday and a bar for every color in the rainbow. First up: Red Party @ Woofs 7 p.m.
• As if you haven’t already, learn to ‘Unleash Your Lesbian Power’ @ Paris Decatur 7:30 p.m.
• A cigar wasn’t just a cigar. Go to ‘Havana Before Castro’ with architectural Historian Peter Moruzzi. @ Outwrite 7:30 p.m.
• Books are better when you share. Queer Literary Fiction Group @ Charis 7 p.m.
• You’re going to need a cocktail: Nightlife events.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Savannah adopted a sweeping ordinance that protects LGBTQ people from discrimination in private employment, housing and public accommodations while also mandating improved hate crimes reporting by law enforcement. READ MORE »
Throughout my 20s and much of my 30s, I deluded myself that Mr. Right was just around the corner. Nearly 40 now, I’m lonely and haven’t dated in a while. It's a party for one. READ MORE »
Hunker down with stream queens, or get out with dancing queens. Whatever your call, LGBTQ event planners in Atlanta are committed to your social calendar this Friday through Sunday. READ MORE »
A federal grand jury indicted Atlanta City Council member Antonio Brown – the only LGBTQ member of the council – on multiple fraud charges and alleged that he faked loan documents to buy luxury autos. READ MORE »
You probably know Dyllón Burnside as Ricky on FX's “Pose.” But did you know he got his start in a boy band and spends his coronavirus summer in metro Atlanta fighting for racial justice? READ MORE »