With so much to make Tuesday gayer, use our top picks to narrow the field. Big Gay Supper Club, Miss Gay Cobb County and heartthrob Jay Brannan are just a few of our gay-vorite things. Click your pick for details.
• In the second of three stops at Emory’s Reading Series, Lammy-winnning writer Thomas Glave appears for ‘Colloquium’ @ Emory, 2:30 p.m.
• LGBT supporters gather to raise money and votes for Ceasar Mitchell in his bid for City Council President @ Einstein’s, 6:30 p.m.
• Eat up and party down. Two for One Tuesdays @ Nonna Mia, 7 p.m. Big Gay Supper Club @ One Midtown Kitchen, 7 p.m.
• Love your hair; hope you win. Miss Gay Cobb County Pageant @ Le Buzz, 9 p.m.
• Yeah; we can’t stop thinking about it either. Jay Brannan (photo) & Bitch in one show? Seriously. @ Vinyl, 9 p.m.
• The games people play. Bingo @ Woofs, 7 p.m. Family Poker Night @ Friends on Ponce, 7 p.m. My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs, 7 p.m. Karaoke with Kitty LeClaw @ Blake’s, 10 p.m. Mary-oke at Mary’s, 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »
The Candybox Revue hosted a special “Show Your Pride” edition of their monthly burlesque show at My Sister’s Room on Saturday. READ MORE »
Ansley Square was hopping on Saturday as drag shows drew a crowd to Midtown Moon. READ MORE »