With so much to make Tuesday gayer, use our top picks to narrow the field. Big Gay Supper Club, Miss Gay Cobb County and heartthrob Jay Brannan are just a few of our gay-vorite things. Click your pick for details.
• In the second of three stops at Emory’s Reading Series, Lammy-winnning writer Thomas Glave appears for ‘Colloquium’ @ Emory, 2:30 p.m.
• LGBT supporters gather to raise money and votes for Ceasar Mitchell in his bid for City Council President @ Einstein’s, 6:30 p.m.
• Eat up and party down. Two for One Tuesdays @ Nonna Mia, 7 p.m. Big Gay Supper Club @ One Midtown Kitchen, 7 p.m.
• Love your hair; hope you win. Miss Gay Cobb County Pageant @ Le Buzz, 9 p.m.
• Yeah; we can’t stop thinking about it either. Jay Brannan (photo) & Bitch in one show? Seriously. @ Vinyl, 9 p.m.
• The games people play. Bingo @ Woofs, 7 p.m. Family Poker Night @ Friends on Ponce, 7 p.m. My Big Fat Gay Bingo @ Frogs, 7 p.m. Karaoke with Kitty LeClaw @ Blake’s, 10 p.m. Mary-oke at Mary’s, 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Chamblee City Councilmember Brian Mock contracted coronavirus earlier this month and said the disease has him “absolutely exhausted” as he recuperates at home. READ MORE »
Gov. Brian Kemp eased coronavirus restrictions further, allowing bars and nightclubs to open as of June 1 with limited capacity and only under 39 mandatory guidelines. READ MORE »
As Atlanta bobs, weaves and otherwise adjusts to changing rules in the COVID era, LGBTQ-ATL brings downtime distractions, now online for your semi-isolated, kinda quarantine pleasure. READ MORE »
The leaders of two influential business groups in metro Atlanta called on Georgia lawmakers to pass a hate crimes bill when they return to the State Capitol next month. READ MORE »
Voices of Note, stung by a season on hold and a drop in donations amid the coronavirus pandemic, received funds to keep the organization alive to sing another day. READ MORE »