All aboard the Pride train. Venues and organizers are tripping over each other to make this the gayest week of 2009. Thursday’s top picks include Pride art, sports, politics, parties, dinners and fashion.
• Atlanta Pride presents two more fundraisers before official festivities begin. Ticket sales benefit Atlanta Pride Hockey Night with Angela “Bucky” Motter (middle photo) singing the National Anthem before the Thrashers vs. Capitals match-up @ Phillips Arena, 8 p.m., and Atlanta Pride Comedy Night @ Laughing Skull Lounge, 7 p.m.
• If you build it and call it Pride, they will come. Melissa Carter hosts a Pre-Pride ‘80s Party sponsored by Q100, the High and Southern Voice @ High Museum of Art, 5 p.m. Genesis Pride Party with AEN @ Publik (formerly Bazzaar), 7 p.m.
• And not to be outdone, there’s the Pride Kickoff with candidate Kyle Williams @ Paris Decatur, 7:30 p.m. Pride Night of Fashion @ Straits restaurant, 8 p.m., and the Pride-week Dine-Out Night to benefit Atlanta AIDS Research Consortium @ El Taco, 5 p.m.
• You know who you are. Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m.
• Latin Night never looked like the new weekly party Papi’s Café Con Leche, hosted by Brent Star and Lady Carmen @ The Heretic, 10 p.m.
• Way too well-heeled to dress up, it’s the No Costume Party, extended edition of Lounge Thursdays @ The W Midtown, 8 p.m. Making sure you don’t forget it’s Halloween, too, it’s Rock’N'Roll Halloween Massacre @ Mary’s, 10 p.m.
• Check out the entire list of all Thursday bar and nightlife events.