Thursday is gayer than you—almost. Events include Cliterati, Hal Sparks, Angela ‘Bucky’ Motter (photo), theater nights, Hydrate and Lounge Thursdays, and more bar nights to shake your stick at.
• Funny man-Actor-Nice guy Hal Sparks benefits Atlanta Pride @ Laughing Skull Lounge. 8 p.m. & 10 p.m. Read our interview.
• Word. Cliterati Open No-Mic @ Charis. 7:30 p.m.
• It’s the end of the world in ‘Boom’ @ Aurora Theatre, 8 p.m., and the end of the house in ‘Grey Gardens’ @ Actor’s Express. 8 p.m.
• Listen to the sweet sounds of Sarah Peacock at 8 p.m., then Angela ‘Bucky’ Motter (photo) at 9 p.m. @ Bellissima.
• Chillin’ upscale with Lounge Thursdays @ The W Midtown. 9 p.m.
• Dance your ass off at the all-new Hydrate Thursdays @ Club Life. 9:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Between, beside and beyond the binary come those people who identify outside the traditional male and female roles and expectations. READ MORE »
In 1969, everything about us was illegal. Congregating. Being served alcohol. Cross-dressing (“masquerading”). A simple touch could lead to your arrest and your demise. READ MORE »
Hundreds of queer folks convened in Chamblee for four days of leather, leather and more leather at the 24th Annual SouthEast LeatherFest. READ MORE »
DeKalb County police homicide detectives are looking for three suspects in the June shooting death of Trey Peters, and they need the public’s help. READ MORE »
Gov. Brian Kemp (photo) has filled some 80 positions to state boards and criminal justice posts with a diverse slate of people, including at least three LGBTQ appointments. READ MORE »