A tradition as old as the 40-hour work week itself: start the weekend on Thursday night. Click your picks from these options for the detailed scoop, or click to view our full list at the bottom of the page.
• Have fun; do good. The Anti-Prejudice Consortium hosts its annual POP Mixer @ Lava/Cosmo Lounge. 5:30 p.m.
• You love their Toy Party. You’re giddy for their Backpack in the Park. Now see where all that good goes at the For The Kid In All of Us Beneficiaries Mixer @ Studio Plex. 7 p.m.
• The girls can’t get enough of singer Sonia Tetlow (top photo). Now see her alternative bluegrass band, Roxie Watson @ Eddie’s Attic. 8 p.m.
• Author Lauretta Hannon reads from and signs her hilarious memoir from the wrong side of the tracks, “The Cracker Queen” @ Outwrite. 7:30 p.m.
• Never felt quite right at wholesome Bingo games? Well, now you fit right in. Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas. 7:30 p.m.
• It’s a special edition of Lounge Thursdays, featuring the most recent works of artist Paul Wolski’s Alter Ego Pop Art (bottom photo) @ the W Midtown. 9 p.m. Read our preview.
• Drink up, get down. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m. Goth Night: Halloween Edition @ Mary’s, 9 p.m. Premier Thursdays @ Stage Door, 9 p.m. Hydrate Thursdays @ Club Life, 9:30 p.m.
• Sit back and enjoy the show. Glitterati @ Bellissima, 8 p.m. DJ Brett Long @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. “Project Runway” Night @ Mixx, 10 p.m. The A-List @ Blake’s, 10 p.m. Princess Charles’ Fashionistas @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Recently, our advice column suggested 'Manboy' stop policing friends and work on himself. We struck a nerve with a reader showing 10 times the affliction. READ MORE »
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »
The Candybox Revue hosted a special “Show Your Pride” edition of their monthly burlesque show at My Sister’s Room on Saturday. READ MORE »