A tradition as old as the 40-hour work week itself: start the weekend on Thursday night. Click your picks from these options for the detailed scoop, or click to view our full list at the bottom of the page.
• Have fun; do good. The Anti-Prejudice Consortium hosts its annual POP Mixer @ Lava/Cosmo Lounge. 5:30 p.m.
• You love their Toy Party. You’re giddy for their Backpack in the Park. Now see where all that good goes at the For The Kid In All of Us Beneficiaries Mixer @ Studio Plex. 7 p.m.
• The girls can’t get enough of singer Sonia Tetlow (top photo). Now see her alternative bluegrass band, Roxie Watson @ Eddie’s Attic. 8 p.m.
• Author Lauretta Hannon reads from and signs her hilarious memoir from the wrong side of the tracks, “The Cracker Queen” @ Outwrite. 7:30 p.m.
• Never felt quite right at wholesome Bingo games? Well, now you fit right in. Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Las Margaritas. 7:30 p.m.
• It’s a special edition of Lounge Thursdays, featuring the most recent works of artist Paul Wolski’s Alter Ego Pop Art (bottom photo) @ the W Midtown. 9 p.m. Read our preview.
• Drink up, get down. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Blake’s, 7 p.m. Goth Night: Halloween Edition @ Mary’s, 9 p.m. Premier Thursdays @ Stage Door, 9 p.m. Hydrate Thursdays @ Club Life, 9:30 p.m.
• Sit back and enjoy the show. Glitterati @ Bellissima, 8 p.m. DJ Brett Long @ the Eagle, 10 p.m. “Project Runway” Night @ Mixx, 10 p.m. The A-List @ Blake’s, 10 p.m. Princess Charles’ Fashionistas @ Burkhart’s, 11:30 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
The dollars flew and the drinks flowed as the Chug drag show returned to Georgia Beer Garden in Sweet Auburn. READ MORE »
Charis Books & More held its annual fundraiser on Friday featuring performances by several local queer artists. READ MORE »
Former Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens called on the legislature to join 46 other states across the nation and finally pass a hate crimes law. READ MORE »
"He said I sent mixed signals, and that he doesn’t have time for games — all because I didn’t drop everything and drop my panties." READ MORE »
Jen and Emily Chan are expanding their “mostly Southern, mainly Asian” food delivery club to a full-service restaurant in Cabbagetown. READ MORE »