• Help the Out & Equal team raise money for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk during Paint the Town Pink @ Silk. 6-9 p.m.
• Longtime LGBT activst Paul Horning hosts a big-money fundraiser for Simone Bell, a lesbian candidate for state House District 58. 6:30 p.m.
• Gay blogger Perez Hilton (photo) hosts his own tour with musical acts Ladyhawke, Ida Maria and Semi Precious Weapons @ Variety Playhouse. 8 p.m.
• Entrepreneur and author Drew Banks reads and signs copies of “Ere I Saw Elba” @ Outwrite. 8 p.m.
• Pearl Day parties continue with drinks specials, a live DJ & and a surprise guest @ Whisky Park in W Midtown. 9 p.m.
• It’s your last chance to win free Pet Shop Boys tickets courtesy Atlanta Pride and Bud Light @ Mixx. 9 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
I unlocked the U-Haul achievement at 30 and failed miserably. Why? Because society conditions us to find “The One”, get married, have kids, and die. But do queer women really want to nest mere minutes after meeting “The One”? READ MORE »
Seven Atlanta-based HIV organizations received a total of $400,000 to combat the spread of the epidemic in a city with some of the highest infection rates in the U.S. READ MORE »
Georgia’s most influential LGBTQ advocacy organization applauded the introduction of a new federal LGBTQ-inclusive civil rights bill, but cautioned that such protections are still urgently needed on the state level. READ MORE »
‘Tis the season for holiday themes and party queens. Come get it on the most thorough accounting of LGBTQ events in Atlanta, right here on the Queer Agenda. READ MORE »
State Rep. Pat Gardner is leaving the state legislature after nearly 20 years of fighting for same-sex marriage rights, increasing funding for HIV drugs and denouncing anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” legislation. READ MORE »