We’ve got your Pride right here. The parade comes with watch parties and brunches, what’s up in the park, and enough pre- and post-festival events to make gay Atlanta Proud—and exhausted.
• Pride Sunday Services @ Saint Mark United Methodist Church, 8:45 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. You guessed it: Step out of second service and watch the parade.
• You and thousands of your closest friends. Pride looks forward to the sun shining on the park and lighting up the festival jewel, the annual Atlanta Pride Parade, 1 p.m.
• We love a parade, but it’s even better with a primo view. Parade Brunch w/DJ Vicki Powell (second photo) @ The Livingston in the Georgian Terrace Hotel, 10 a.m. Annual Parade DJ Street Party @ Outwrite, 11 a.m. HRC’s Pride Brunch @ Nickiemoto’s, 11 a.m. Pride Parade Brunch for Positive Impact @ Silk, 11:30 a.m. Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch @ Joia, 12 p.m.
• Read about Pride’s full Sunday afternoon entertainment lineup in the park, which includes Doubting Thomas, Eric Himan & The Adams, and headliner Blake Lewis. The Starlight Cabaret drag-stravaganza begins at 7 p.m. Read our interview with Blake.
• The Atlanta Pride Human Rights Exhibit continues on the park bridge, all day. Check out our preview of it and all of the day-long events, or read every last bit of our coverage about and leading up to Pride.
• The crowds are getting to you? Step into a dark room and lose yourself in a show. “FlagBoy!” @ 14th Street Playhouse, 2:30 p.m. “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 3 p.m. “A Life in the Theatre” with Andre DeShields @ the Alliance, 3:30 p.m.
• More than 1,500 LGBT men and women are already booked to attend the grown and sexy extravaganza known as The Black Party ‘09, benefiting Toys for Tots @ Mason Murer Fine Art, 6 p.m.
• Are we done yet? Don’t even think about it. Pride Closing Party w/ DJ Mike Cruz (bottom photo) is nine hours long @ Opera, 6 p.m. Sunday Pride Music Showcase @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. Wickedly Proud All Hallows @ Blake’s, 8 p.m. Pride O Ween @ Heretic, 9 p.m. Pride Afterparty @ the Eagle, 10 p.m.
• View the entire list of Sunday nightlife options. Yes, there’s more.