Wish it was Sunday; that’s my fun day. Wait, it is! Plenty for you and your friends, from brunch and matinees to the wrap-ups of the Queer Lit Fest and Charis’ birthday, plus festivities into the night.
• Charis wraps up its 35th birthday celebration with an all-day book sale and author signings @ Charis Books & More. Opens 11 a.m.
• Who are you going to have brunch with? Papi’s New Brunch @ Las Margaritas, and Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch (top photo) with drag performances @ Joia.
• The annual Atlanta Queer Literary Festival finishes five days of literati with Queer Creativity @ First Existentialist Congregation, 2 p.m.
• Matinee idols. “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 3 p.m. “A Life in the Theatre” with Andre DeShields @ the Alliance, 3:30 p.m. “Clue: The Musical” @ Theatre on Main in Acworth, 5 p.m.
• What’s tougher than a lesbian law partner? A lesbian law partner in love with a straight woman. “Fair Use” (bottom photo) gala opening @ Actor’s Express, 5 p.m.
• The bars with kitchens find a way to stay open and pouring for your pleasure, and give you activities to keep you there. Poker Night @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. The Armorettes @ Blake’s, 8 p.m. Sunday Spectacular @ Burkhart’s, 9 p.m.
There are even more events on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Some 70 percent of the victims of an HIV housing crisis have had their situation stabilized, but the search continues for some 50 people who have been unreachable. READ MORE »
Atlanta comic and show runner Ian Aber is closing in on a decade in stand-up comedy, talking about what he knows best — being queer and feeling like an outsider. READ MORE »
When David Holland and Reed Gilbert started powerlifting together in spring 2017, they realized there was a void in LGBTQ Atlanta: There was no known club for queer lifters. READ MORE »
The family of Scott “Scout” Schultz filed a wrongful death suit against Georgia Tech two years after campus police shot and killed the LGBTQ student. READ MORE »
With your weekend always in view, the Queer Agenda calendar always knows how LGBTQ events are shaping up this Friday through Sunday. READ MORE »