Wish it was Sunday; that’s my fun day. Wait, it is! Plenty for you and your friends, from brunch and matinees to the wrap-ups of the Queer Lit Fest and Charis’ birthday, plus festivities into the night.
• Charis wraps up its 35th birthday celebration with an all-day book sale and author signings @ Charis Books & More. Opens 11 a.m.
• Who are you going to have brunch with? Papi’s New Brunch @ Las Margaritas, and Charlie Brown’s Sunday Brunch (top photo) with drag performances @ Joia.
• The annual Atlanta Queer Literary Festival finishes five days of literati with Queer Creativity @ First Existentialist Congregation, 2 p.m.
• Matinee idols. “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 3 p.m. “A Life in the Theatre” with Andre DeShields @ the Alliance, 3:30 p.m. “Clue: The Musical” @ Theatre on Main in Acworth, 5 p.m.
• What’s tougher than a lesbian law partner? A lesbian law partner in love with a straight woman. “Fair Use” (bottom photo) gala opening @ Actor’s Express, 5 p.m.
• The bars with kitchens find a way to stay open and pouring for your pleasure, and give you activities to keep you there. Poker Night @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. The Armorettes @ Blake’s, 8 p.m. Sunday Spectacular @ Burkhart’s, 9 p.m.
There are even more events on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Gov. Brian Kemp announced plans to overhaul Georgia’s adoption and foster care system, but sidestepped the issue of anti-LGBTQ efforts that killed reform legislation in past years. READ MORE »
Half of Atlanta Pride’s staff resigned in the past month as the non-profit manages sustained criticism from former board members, committee members and employees. READ MORE »
With commemorations and celebrations as job one, and an extra day to do it, the Queer Agenda calendar of LGBTQ Atlanta events gets supersized. READ MORE »
A former dancer at a gay Atlanta club was sentenced to life in prison for killing his boyfriend in what prosecutors called "a horrifying case." READ MORE »
From Thursday all the way through Monday’s big annual LGBTQ breakfast, get ready for celebrities, commemoration and celebration. READ MORE »