Easy like Sunday morning. It’s an attitude we want to last the whole day. Slow it down, choose your method of relaxation or recreation, and click on your favorite options for the details.
• Start the phone or text tree, and plan to meet for Papi’s New Brunch @ Las Margaritas, 11 a.m.
• The Bucks stop here. Atlanta’s gay rugby team hosts its Bucks Beer Bust for you to join after the AIDS Walk @ Frogs Cantina, 2 p.m.
• Step into a good cause. AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run (top photo) @ Piedmont Park. Opening ceremonies at 1 p.m. Run at 1:45. Walk at 2 p.m. Read our preview.
• Because your feet just haven’t moved enough. Hit the AIDS Walk Aftermath T-Dance with DJ Jay McCracken (bottom photo) @ Einstein’s. Tunes start spinning at 2 p.m.
• Matinee idols. Afternoon staging of “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 3 p.m., or take a Sunday drive to Acworth for “Clue: The Musical” @ Theatre on Main, 5 p.m.
• It’s the last big LGBT fundraiser for gay candidate Alex Wan and his Atlanta City Council Dist. 6 race, 3 p.m.
• They don’t want your weekend to end, either. Go to Sunday Poker Night @ Bellissima, 6 p.m. or see how the Armorettes are doing in their new home @ Blake’s, 8 p.m.
• Staying in today? Good for you. Preview the coming week of events.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Savannah adopted a sweeping ordinance that protects LGBTQ people from discrimination in private employment, housing and public accommodations while also mandating improved hate crimes reporting by law enforcement. READ MORE »
Throughout my 20s and much of my 30s, I deluded myself that Mr. Right was just around the corner. Nearly 40 now, I’m lonely and haven’t dated in a while. It's a party for one. READ MORE »
Hunker down with stream queens, or get out with dancing queens. Whatever your call, LGBTQ event planners in Atlanta are committed to your social calendar this Friday through Sunday. READ MORE »
A federal grand jury indicted Atlanta City Council member Antonio Brown – the only LGBTQ member of the council – on multiple fraud charges and alleged that he faked loan documents to buy luxury autos. READ MORE »
You probably know Dyllón Burnside as Ricky on FX's “Pose.” But did you know he got his start in a boy band and spends his coronavirus summer in metro Atlanta fighting for racial justice? READ MORE »