What makes Sunday so gay? Events including Papi’s Brunch, Atlanta Eagle raid protest, Alyson Calagna’s Pearl Day T-Dance, memorabilia from the real “Grey Gardens,” and bar nights that extend your weekend.
• Papi’s New Brunch is powered by the music of DJ Jay McCracken @ Las Margaritas. 11 a.m.
• Gather steam for the LGBT rally against APD Eagle raid @ Atlanta Eagle parking lot. 5 p.m.
• Close out Pearl Day weekend at the T-Dance with DJ Alyson Calagna @ Opera. 6 p.m.
• See memorabilia from the real-life “Grey Gardens” ladies (photo), and a screening of the documentary that inspired it all at “Evening with the Edies” @ Actor’s Express. 6:30 p.m.
• Drag out your weekend with the Armorettes @ Burkhart’s. 6 p.m. and the Big Time Show @ Blake’s. 9 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
State Rep. Pat Gardner is leaving the state legislature after nearly 20 years of fighting for same-sex marriage rights, increasing funding for HIV drugs and denouncing anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” legislation. READ MORE »
While you’re busy making a list and checking it twice, remember queer causes making life better year-round for local LGBTQs, and they need your gift that actually keeps giving. READ MORE »
The gamut of all things L, G, B, T and Q in the ATL is so wide and varied, we spend all year trying to cover it. This week, we chip away at it on several fronts during the holidays. READ MORE »
Melanie Hammet wants to continue championing the arts and the environment when she begins her second term as mayor of Pine Lake, Ga., next month. READ MORE »
A man who was beaten and shot in the back during an Atlanta Black Pride party was not targeted for his sexual orientation, according to police. READ MORE »