What makes Sunday so gay? Events including Papi’s Brunch, Atlanta Eagle raid protest, Alyson Calagna’s Pearl Day T-Dance, memorabilia from the real “Grey Gardens,” and bar nights that extend your weekend.
• Papi’s New Brunch is powered by the music of DJ Jay McCracken @ Las Margaritas. 11 a.m.
• Gather steam for the LGBT rally against APD Eagle raid @ Atlanta Eagle parking lot. 5 p.m.
• Close out Pearl Day weekend at the T-Dance with DJ Alyson Calagna @ Opera. 6 p.m.
• See memorabilia from the real-life “Grey Gardens” ladies (photo), and a screening of the documentary that inspired it all at “Evening with the Edies” @ Actor’s Express. 6:30 p.m.
• Drag out your weekend with the Armorettes @ Burkhart’s. 6 p.m. and the Big Time Show @ Blake’s. 9 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
We narrowed a long list to our 10 favorite LGBTQ Instagram follows, each worth a look for original, compelling scrolls beyond the thirsty selfies you may or may not also enjoy. READ MORE »
I have struggled with my weight for years, and so has my husband. I'm trying to mitigate that with diet and exercise, but he isn't. READ MORE »
A pandemic can’t keep you down. Staying home with streaming events, or safely distancing with protocols, LGBTQ Atlanta events are ready to spice up your Friday through Sunday. READ MORE »
LGBTQ people of color are more likely to have work hours reduced, lose jobs and ask for delays in paying bills due to the pandemic, according to a new study. READ MORE »
When a 13-year-old Kim Jackson saw her hometown elect its first black mayor, she wanted to run for office. At 35, she’s on her way to becoming Georgia’s first LGBTQ state senator. READ MORE »