What makes Sunday so gay? Events including Papi’s Brunch, Atlanta Eagle raid protest, Alyson Calagna’s Pearl Day T-Dance, memorabilia from the real “Grey Gardens,” and bar nights that extend your weekend.
• Papi’s New Brunch is powered by the music of DJ Jay McCracken @ Las Margaritas. 11 a.m.
• Gather steam for the LGBT rally against APD Eagle raid @ Atlanta Eagle parking lot. 5 p.m.
• Close out Pearl Day weekend at the T-Dance with DJ Alyson Calagna @ Opera. 6 p.m.
• See memorabilia from the real-life “Grey Gardens” ladies (photo), and a screening of the documentary that inspired it all at “Evening with the Edies” @ Actor’s Express. 6:30 p.m.
• Drag out your weekend with the Armorettes @ Burkhart’s. 6 p.m. and the Big Time Show @ Blake’s. 9 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
From sexuality vs. gender to role playing, from embracing non-binary and preferred pronouns, to rejecting tired assumptions and straight-splaining, these are the ways allies can really help. READ MORE »
Visitors to the reopened Atlanta Eagle find a familiar scene in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic: temperature checks, employees in masks, hand sanitizer stations and staff constantly cleaning. READ MORE »
Every person of every race can do something every day to work to end racism. The time is now to turn the tide against hatred and toward the cause of racial justice within the LGBTQ community. READ MORE »
Whether you poke your head out or stay tucked in quarantine, Atlanta’s LGBTQ event planners, demonstration organizers and Twitch.tv mavens can keep you busy over the Fourth of July weekend. READ MORE »
The Atlanta Pride festival in Piedmont Park and parade through Midtown in October – is canceled. The coronavirus pandemic forced organizers to take the celebration online. READ MORE »