Make your Saturday even gayer, including three Pearl Day parties, the Pet Shop Boys, ‘ABBA the Music,’ Wet & Wild Cotillion, Music=Love, and the Blowoff party.
• Pearl Day packs the whole day, again. Brunch @ W.11 a.m-3 p.m. Afternoon “Cox”-tails meet & greet with DJ Chris Cox @ Blake’s. 4 p.m. Wrap it up when Pearl Day hosts Chris Cox @ Jungle. 11 p.m.
• Have your photo taken for online NO H8 photo project @ Amsterdam. 1 p.m.
• Watch out! It’s the ‘80s, and you’re at the Pet Shop Boys concert (photo) and Pearl Day’s pre-concert party @ Chastain. 6 p.m.
• Get ‘Wet ‘N Wild!’ with Atlanta Cotillion deb Chelsea Fitzgerald de Rothchild. 5 p.m.
• Go all Mamma Mia on your bad self with “ABBA the Music” @ Cobb Energy Centre. 8:30 p.m.
• Ladies with soul move their bodies at “Music = Love” @ Kat’s Cafe. 10 p.m.
• Music powerhouses Richard Morel and Bob Mould host Blowoff @ The Loft. 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Linda Ellis stepped down as executive director of the Health Initiative and the Rush Center, capping a long career at the center of all things LGBTQ Atlanta. READ MORE »
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services launched a national program on Tuesday to provide free PrEP for uninsured people to prevent the spread of HIV. READ MORE »
Gone-but-not-forgotten icons of the last 20 years as we head into the next. This time, 10 of the many people queer Atlanta lost. READ MORE »
The Victory Fund and Georgia Equality endorsed the re-election campaigns of five LGBTQ state lawmakers, plus a handful of LGBTQ first-time candidates running for the Georgia General Assembly in 2020. READ MORE »
The battle over access for transgender students to school restrooms that match their gender identity reached a federal court in Atlanta on Thursday, with one attorney bemoaning the “profoundly damaging discrimination” faced by trans students. READ MORE »