You’ve waited all week for this. The weekend is You Time. Join the literati at the Queer Lit Fest and Charis birthday bash, eat and drink up at Parties With Impact featuring Alexis Vear, or tell the DJ you want to dance with your baby.
• Morning glory. Check Saturday’s plethora of sports and outdoors events.
• A full day of writers and their work. Atlanta Queer Literary Festival continues with readings, workshops, a Poetry Slam and afterparties. Read our preview. Charis’ 35th Birthday continues with a book sale and author signings all day @ Charis Books & More. Read that preview. Both all day.
• Positive Impact benefits from tonight’s hot ticket. A series of gatherings that climaxes with the ultimate dessert reception, including music by Alexis Vear (top photo) and the art of ARTvision ‘09. Parties With Impact @ the Granite Room, 8 p.m. Read the preview.
• This should be interesting. Play a part in My Magazine Project art show @ Youngblood Gallery, 7 p.m.
• Theatrical pursuits. “Clue: The Musical” @ Theatre on Main in Acworth, 8 p.m. “The Harvey Milk Show” @ OnStage Atlanta, 8 p.m.“A Life in the Theatre” with Andre DeShields @ the Alliance, 8 p.m.
• Hey, DJ! Sweet on Flux with DJ Vicki Powell @ Aurum UltraLounge, 9:30 p.m. DJ Micky Friedmann (bottom photo) @ Jungle, 10 p.m. DJ Duo Travis & Eric @ The Bodyshop, 2:30 a.m.
• Bars, bars, bars. More bars in more places. Check out the Saturday plans of your favorites.
There are even more events on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
Another Atlanta Pride Committee member resigned and the longtime volunteer said a "severe conflict of interest" by Pride's executive director had him in fear of losing his fulltime job. READ MORE »
Everybody's talking about Valentine's Day, and that's fine for one day. Here's how you can impress your boo and extend the Season of Love beyond the holiday and through the whole year. READ MORE »
A metro Atlanta man who stars in gay adult films was arrrested in DeKalb County earlier this month and charged with child molestation while already facing charges for allegedly kicking in the door of an apartment while drunk. READ MORE »
A group of six psychologists, nurses and doctors in Georgia joined nearly 300 others across the South to sign a letter “strongly opposing” legislation that makes it a felony to give hormone treatment or perform gender affirmation surgery on transgender minors. READ MORE »
Who better to talk about queer love on Valentine’s Day than those committed couples and polyamorous clusters who make it work every day of the year? READ MORE »