The weekend may be over, but your to-do list never ends. One-night-only movies, the police forum over the Eagle flap, Lynnee Breedlove’s “Confessions,” and the bars keep you busy.
• Movies movies movies: Out on Film starts back up at 4 p.m., including “Charmed Life” @ Midtown Arts Cinema, 9 p.m. “Witches of Eastwick” rain or shine at Monday Movies @ Joe’s On Juniper, 7 p.m. Screening of the cult classic “The Room” @ Mary’s, 9 p.m.
• Top APD Brass speak with the community in a forum on the Atlanta Eagle raid @ Virginia-Highland Church. 6:30 p.m. (Read more about the forum.)
• Genderfuck performance artist Lynnee Breedlove (photo) pushes buttons in “Confessions of a Poser” @ Eyedrum Gallery. 9 p.m.
• Head to the bars for Texas Hold’em @ Woofs. 7:30 p.m., Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts. 9:30 p.m., and Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• Boys will be girls. Dragamaki @ Nickiemoto’s. 8:30 p.m., Stars of the Century at Jungle. 10:30 p.m., and Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s. 11 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Smyrna adopted a comprehensive nondiscrimination ordinance on Monday, becoming the first in Cobb County to protect LGBTQ people in private employment, housing and public accommodations. READ MORE »
Savannah adopted a sweeping ordinance that protects LGBTQ people from discrimination in private employment, housing and public accommodations while also mandating improved hate crimes reporting by law enforcement. READ MORE »
Throughout my 20s and much of my 30s, I deluded myself that Mr. Right was just around the corner. Nearly 40 now, I’m lonely and haven’t dated in a while. It's a party for one. READ MORE »
Hunker down with stream queens, or get out with dancing queens. Whatever your call, LGBTQ event planners in Atlanta are committed to your social calendar this Friday through Sunday. READ MORE »
A federal grand jury indicted Atlanta City Council member Antonio Brown – the only LGBTQ member of the council – on multiple fraud charges and alleged that he faked loan documents to buy luxury autos. READ MORE »