Yes, it’s Monday. Get over it with these events that give you something to look forward to. Politics, arts, movies, games, gatherings and drag. Pick your favorites, and click for details.
• Two is better than one. Help elect another lesbian representative to the State House at a fundraiser for Simone Bell’s race toward the Dist. 58 seat. 5:30 p.m.
• Lambda Literary Award-winning writer Thomas Glave (top photo) reads from and signs “The Torturer’s Wife” @ Emory in the first of three appearances in the university’s reading series. 6:30 p.m.
• An organization everyone can get behind. YouthPride hosts its weekly Empowered Forum, and Trans & Friends group. Both 6:30 p.m.
• When Vanity is not so fair. “Death Becomes Her” (botttom photo) darkens Monday Movies @ Joe’s On Juniper. 7 p.m.
• Representing a wide spectrum of black LGBT life from Atlanta to the world. Same Gender Loving Expressions Live internet radio broadcast with this week’s special guest, artist and photographer Jhonathan Pierre Cornell @ exceptionalradio.com. 10 p.m.
• Squash the Monday blues with some friends and fun. Texas Hold’em @ Woofs, 7:30 p.m. Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts, 9:30 p.m. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle, 10 p.m. Big Fat Wii Party @ Mary’s, 10 p.m.
• Some people like to drag out a Monday. Dragamaki @ Nickiemoto’s, 8:30 p.m. Stars of the Century @ Jungle, 10 p.m. Drag on the Edge @ Blake’s, 11 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Out attorney Marvin Lim wants to put his experience lobbying against anti-LGBTQ “religious freedom” bills at the state legislature to use – by becoming a state lawmaker. READ MORE »
"I recently “Shazamed” a song that was extraordinarily sung and poignantly lyrical. I stopped to be moved and to identify my own story of loss, love and life. READ MORE »
The birth of the Atlanta Rainbow Trout teams came with a small teams championship. Flash forward 24 years, and the local LGBTQ swim club boasts over 100 members. READ MORE »
The Candybox Revue hosted a special “Show Your Pride” edition of their monthly burlesque show at My Sister’s Room on Saturday. READ MORE »
Ansley Square was hopping on Saturday as drag shows drew a crowd to Midtown Moon. READ MORE »