Make your Monday even more gay with bar nights for every inkling: Dragamaki shows you the sushi (photo). But don’t forget poker, karaoke, trivial, Wii, and bare bears. See our full list.
• Know when to fold ‘em. Texas Hold’em @ Woofs. 7:30 p.m.
• Queens show you the sushi at Dragamaki (photo) @ Nickiemoto’s. 8:30 p.m.
• Be bad and be good. Sinful Trivia & Karaoke Idol @ Burkharts. 9:30 p.m.
• Bear if your dare. Bear Chest Night @ Atlanta Eagle. 10 p.m.
• You’re up. The Big Fat Wii Party @ Mary’s. 10 p.m.
View the full list of gay things to do today on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your events.
Linda Ellis stepped down as executive director of the Health Initiative and the Rush Center, capping a long career at the center of all things LGBTQ Atlanta. READ MORE »
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services launched a national program on Tuesday to provide free PrEP for uninsured people to prevent the spread of HIV. READ MORE »
Gone-but-not-forgotten icons of the last 20 years as we head into the next. This time, 10 of the many people queer Atlanta lost. READ MORE »
The Victory Fund and Georgia Equality endorsed the re-election campaigns of five LGBTQ state lawmakers, plus a handful of LGBTQ first-time candidates running for the Georgia General Assembly in 2020. READ MORE »
The battle over access for transgender students to school restrooms that match their gender identity reached a federal court in Atlanta on Thursday, with one attorney bemoaning the “profoundly damaging discrimination” faced by trans students. READ MORE »